We have been apart of the Newark community for over two decades and we do the most we can to keep our community and home environmentally healthy. That is why we believe in the 3Rs.
The 3 Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Our company is taking the initiative in many areas to reduce our impact on Earth and its resources, including:
- Implementing paperless ordering systems to reduce paper waste.
- Supporting carpooling and public transportation for team members.
- Installing flushless urinals and low-flow toilets.
- Evaluating the need for printing, and when we do print, insisting on recycled paper, and using recycled ink cartridges.
We reuse material of all kinds whenever possible, including:
- Cardboard, paper and backing materials.
Beyond recycling cardboard and paper, which has long been a regular practice in every store, office and facility, other examples of recycling initiatives include:
- Replacing disposable batteries with rechargeable ones.
- Using recycled paper with a high percentage of post-consumer waste.
- Providing receptacles for glass and plastic recycling in our dining areas.
- Using high efficiency lighting.